Let’s explore the power of online reviews in real estate SEO! As a real estate agent, you know that your online presence is key to attracting new clients and growing your business. One of the most important components of your online presence is your reputation, and online reviews play a significant role in shaping that reputation.
Studies have shown that consumers rely heavily on online reviews when making purchasing decisions, and the same is true for those looking to buy or sell a home. In fact, a survey conducted by the National Association of Realtors found that 84% of home buyers use online reviews to help them choose an agent.
So, how can you make sure you’re getting the most out of online reviews to boost your real estate SEO? That’s where we come in. In this article, we’ll provide you with practical tips on how to get more online reviews and show you how to use those reviews to improve your search engine rankings. So, let’s dive in!
The Power of Online Reviews for Real Estate SEO
First and foremost, online reviews are one of the most important ranking factors for local SEO. According to Moz’s Local Search Ranking Factors study, online reviews account for 15.44% of how Google ranks a local business. This means that having a high number of positive reviews can help you rank higher in local search results, making it more likely that potential clients will find and choose you.
But it’s not just about ranking higher. Online reviews for real estate SEO can also increase click-through rates to your website.
A study by BrightLocal found that:
- 76% of consumers “regularly” read online reviews when browsing for local businesses, compared to 77% in 2021.
- 87% of consumers used Google to evaluate local businesses in 2022, up from 81% in 2021.
This means that having a high number of positive reviews can make potential clients more likely to click through to your website, ultimately leading to more business for you.
How to Get More Online Reviews
Here are some tips to help you encourage clients to leave reviews and use them to your advantage:
Ask for Reviews
After a successful transaction, ask your clients to leave a review on your website, Google My Business, Yelp, or any other review platform. You can make the process easier by providing them with a direct link or instructions on how to leave a review. Thank them for their business and let them know that their feedback is valuable to you.
For example, you could say something like, “If you enjoyed working with me, I’d really appreciate it if you could leave a review on my Google My Business page. It helps other potential clients find me and learn about the great service I provide.”
Following up with clients a few weeks after the transaction is an excellent way to collect feedback. Reach out to them via email, phone call, or even a handwritten note. Ask them how they’re doing and if they have any feedback to share. This not only helps you collect valuable feedback but also shows your clients that you care about their experience.
Example Follow-Up Email for a Real Estate Agent:
Dear [Client’s Name],
I hope this email finds you well. It was an absolute pleasure working with you during your recent real estate transaction. I am writing to ask if you could take a moment to share your experience working with me by leaving a review.
Your feedback is essential to me as it helps me to continually improve my services and provide the best possible experience for my clients. If you could take a few moments to leave a review on my website, Google My Business, or any other review platform, it would be greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for your business, and I look forward to the opportunity to work with you again in the future.
Surveys are an effective way to collect detailed feedback from clients. You can use tools like SurveyMonkey or Google Forms to create and send out surveys after a transaction. Ask clients about their overall experience working with you, the level of communication, the quality of service, and any suggestions for improvement. Surveys can provide valuable insights into how you can better serve your clients in the future.
Example Survey Questions for a Real Estate Agent:
- Did we effectively communicate with you throughout the entire buying/selling process?
- How would you rate our knowledge of the real estate market and the properties we showed you?
- Were we responsive to your needs and concerns during the buying/selling process?
- Did we negotiate effectively on your behalf?
- How likely are you to recommend us to a friend or family member?
- Is there anything we could have done to improve your experience?
- Would you work with us again in the future?
Monitor Social Media
Keep an eye on your social media pages and any other online review platforms to see if clients have left feedback. Respond promptly to any negative feedback and try to resolve the issue to the best of your ability. Positive feedback can also be shared on your social media pages to reach a wider audience.
In-person follow-up after a transaction is a great way to collect feedback. Schedule a meeting or coffee to ask them about their experience working with you. This provides a more personal touch and can help you build a stronger relationship with your clients.
Offering incentives for leaving reviews can be a great way to encourage clients to take the time to leave feedback. Consider offering a gift card to clients who leave a review. Just be sure to follow the rules of the platform where you’re collecting reviews, as some platforms may prohibit incentivizing reviews.
How to Use Online Reviews to Improve Your Real Estate SEO
Here are some tips on how to incorporate online reviews into your online presence and boost your search rankings:
- Incorporate Keywords and Phrases: Online reviews can be a great source of keywords and phrases to incorporate into your website and online profiles. Look for common themes or phrases that clients use to describe their experience with you, and use those phrases in your website copy and online profiles. This can help improve your search rankings for those keywords and phrases, and make your business more visible to potential clients.
- Showcase Reviews on Your Website: One of the best ways to use online reviews to improve your real estate SEO is to showcase them on your website. This can be done in a variety of ways, such as using testimonials on your homepage or creating a dedicated reviews page on your website. Be sure to include the reviewer’s name and a photo, if possible, to make the review more personal and trustworthy.
- Monitor and Manage Your Online Reputation: It’s important to monitor and manage your online reputation to ensure that your online reviews are accurate and representative of your business. Set up Google Alerts for your business name and regularly check your social media profiles for new reviews. Respond promptly and professionally to any negative reviews, and try to address any concerns or issues raised by the reviewer. By managing your online reputation, you can ensure that potential clients see the best possible representation of your business online.
Online reviews can have a powerful impact on your real estate SEO, both in terms of local search rankings and click-through rates. By asking clients for reviews, responding to both positive and negative reviews, and incentivizing clients to leave reviews, you can build a strong foundation for your business.
But getting online reviews is just the first step. To truly reap the benefits of online reviews, it’s important to use them to improve your real estate SEO. By incorporating keywords and phrases from online reviews into your website and online profiles, showcasing reviews on your website, and monitoring and managing your online reputation, you can boost your search rankings and attract more potential clients to your business.