WP All Import allows you to import posts and custom post types (like listings) using CSV, XML, and XLS files. The WP Pro Real Estate 7 Add-On will customize WP All Import to seamlessly import all of your listings into the WP Pro Real Estate 7 theme.
Install the Main Plugin and Add On Plugin
- Plugins > Add New > Search > WP All Import > Install & Activate
- Then grab the Add On via Plugins > Add New > Search > WP All Import Real Estate 7 > Install & Activate
- Once you’ve done that proceed with the steps below
Preparing Your CSV File
WP All Import can handle any valid CSV file and it doesn’t care what order your columns or in or how they’re labeled. With WP All Import Pro you can even pass your data through custom PHP functions during the import process.
Columns you may want to include in your file:
- Property Title
- Property Description
- Street Address
- Zip or Postcode
- Slider Images
- Files & Documents
- Video URL
- Listing Price
- Property Type
- Property ID
- Year Built
- Additional Features
Importing your CSV File
- Go to the WP All Import section of your WordPress admin panel and click ‘New Import’.
- You’ll be prompted to upload your CSV file. Then, select ‘Listings’ from the items dropdown
- Verify that your import file was correctly uploaded and understood by WP All Import. If everything looks good, continue to the next step.
Configuring your Import Template
- You’ll need to tell WP All Import how to import each of the columns in your CSV file. Simply drag the data from right to left:
- When you’re done configuring your import template, continue to step 4 where you’ll choose a Unique ID (you should pretty much always use ‘Auto Detect’).
- Then you can review your import and click ‘Confirm & Run Import’.
Documentation for WP All Import
If you run into any issues you can read more about WP All Import here