It’s due to your server timing out on the demo import process, keep in mind the demos have some large images which take some time to download depending on the server resources. Make sure to check Theme Requirements before running the wizard, you’ll need to verify that your PHP settings are correct as outlined in the documentation.
Once you’ve done that the easiest way to get it back is to use the WP Reset plugin, this will set your site back to absolute default if you made any site changes those will be lost.
- Go to your WordPress Admin > Appearance > Theme License > Deactivate License
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New > search for “WordPress Reset” (this one) > install and activate
- Then go to Tools > WP Reset (screenshot)
- Scroll to “Site Reset” (screenshot) leave all boxes unchecked > type “reset” > Reset Site, which sets you back to the WordPress default database
- After that go to Appearance > Themes > Reactivate the Real Estate 7 theme and you’ll be directed to the setup wizard
- From there just follow the steps and make sure to select and import a demo on step 4, also refer to the narrated instructional video via Installation & Setup Wizard
It’s not required but we recommend getting Cloudways it’s excellent, easily scalable if needed, very fast, the same platform our IDX Hosted plans are on, free migration, great customer support, works perfectly with our theme and you can spin up a 2GB server from them starting at $22/month and we have a coupon code for 20% off your first 2 months use “CONTEMPO20” on checkout.
I’ve done the above and it’s still not working?
If you’ve set up the PHP settings properly and have rerun the setup wizard and you’re still not getting the complete demo, check that the settings are actually taking effect with WP Server Info plugin.
Once you’ve activated that plugin do the following;
- Go to Dashboard (upper left of your WordPress admin)
- Click “WP-Serverinfo” screenshot
- Click “Display PHP Information” screenshot
- Find “memory_limit” screenshot & “max_execution_time” screenshot
The first value is your “set” or local value and the second one is the “server actual” this is the most important, if it doesn’t match your set value it means your host doesn’t allow for changing that or your current hosting plan is already maxed out and you’ll need to talk with your hosts support.