To use this theme you must be running at least WordPress 5+, PHP 7.4+, MySQL 5 or higher. If you use a hosting service with limited resources (e.g. GoDaddy!), you may experience issues with the theme setup wizard and demo import.
This isn’t required but for hosting we recommend getting Cloudways with Digital Ocean, it’s the same platform all of our demos are on, easily scalable if needed, very-fast, free migration, and they have great customer support. You can spin up a 2GB server from them starting at $22/month and we have a coupon code for 20% off your first 2 months use “CONTEMPO20” on checkout.
Recommend that you contact your web hosting service provider to make sure that your server PHP configuration limits are as follows:
- max_execution_time 9999
- memory_limit 512M
- post_max_size 32M
- upload_max_size 32M
The max execution is high, but setting it to that number makes sure it never times out, after you’ve run the wizard you can change it back if you’d like, just ensure your host increases that setting to your server’s maximum.
If you are running a managed or unmanaged dedicated server or VPS, you should check your php.ini file. Alternatively, you can edit .htaccess file in the root of your website and add the following values:
- php_value max_execution_time 9999
- php_value memory_limit 512M
- php_value post_max_size 64M
- php_value upload_max_filesize 64M
You’ll also need to make sure your the /wp-content/ and /wp-content/uploads/ folders are writable by setting permissions to 755, easiest is to ask your hosting provider for assistance on that or refer to this article.
Setting these values will ensure you will not get any errors during the installation. To safeguard your website, please use secure passwords and the latest version of WordPress and plug-ins.
- Unzip the main zip file; you should now have a main download folder
- Do NOT upload the main download folder. Open up the main download folder
- Browse the contents and find realestate-7.zip
- Login to your WordPress admin > Appearance > Themes
- Add New
- Upload realestate-7.zip
- Once activated you’ll be guided to the Theme Setup Wizard
In order to receive updates and support your license key is required, you’ll be asked for this during the initial setup wizard or you can enter it later & manage the license via your WordPress admin > Appearance > Theme License panel.
Where can I find my license key?
- Login to your account here
- Go to Account Dashboard > License Keys
- Find Real Estate 7 – Yearly > License Key (screenshot)
- Log into your Themeforest account via https://themeforest.net/sign_in
- Hover the mouse over your username at the top right of the screen
- Click ‘Downloads’ from the drop-down menu or go to https://themeforest.net/downloads
- Find “Real Estate 7” > click “Download” (screenshot)
- Click ‘License certificate & purchase code’ (available as PDF or text file) (view example)
Manual Theme Installation
If for some reason your host has low upload limits on your server, use the steps below to manually install the theme.
- Unzip the main download > unzip the realestate-7.zip file
- Connect to your server via FTP, I use filezilla-project.org for my client its a free download
- Upload the theme folder into wp-content > themes
- That’s all she wrote, enjoy!
Manual Homepage Setup
If you imported a pre-built site the following steps do not apply and can be ignored.
- Create a page > name it Home > apply the Home page template > Publish
- Settings > Reading > Your homepage displays > Set to the Home page you just created > Save (admin screenshot)
- Now go into Admin > Real Estate 7 Options > Homepage > Layout Manager > Enable the Elementor block
- Go to the Elemenetor subpanel > Choose your “Home – Content” page
- Save Settings
- And you’re good to go!
Choosing your Theme Mode
The theme comes with two modes, Multi & Single Listing. Which can be selected in Real Estate 7 Options > General Settings > Multi-Listing or Single Listing Mode. Multi is just as its states and Single is tailored toward a landing page type site to feature one specific listing (no navigation or other pages used).